Saturday, May 24, 2014

Writer Introductions: Rasufelle


Do not pay attention to that name beneath the posts!

Nolan Ezell. N. Ezell. Yeah, these are me.

But, please, call me Rasufelle. Or Ras, even. No, this isn't some weird internet role-play thing, I just don't like my legal name very much, so despite my needing to use it on my Google+ profile for professional reasons (and, therefore, have it appear on everything Google-related I do) please ignore it.

Now that's out of the way, let's get to my actual introduction.

Ahem...

Hi! I'm Rasufelle, though you can call me Ras for short, and I'm your resident editor/site owner/author of posts!

Given the blog's obvious game focus, it should be equally obvious that I like games. I love games. I ADORE games. I also adore the history behind them and their cultural impact, hence my plans for this place. (It's slow in developing, I know, but trust me, we'll expand in the future!) I was introduced to games on the cold winter night the first NES was ever brought into my home as a child, and I've been hooked since. PC games, board games, card games, console games, pinball, pool, I enjoy them all, and they're all equally fascinating to me.

For the foreseeable future I'll be the primary content provider here, though I DO have additional writers lined up to provide us with alternative outlooks and information. I do have my biases, so be forewarned: I'm very anti-Apple and I'm incredibly disappointed in the Xbone so far, I don't enjoy sports games and, well, I'm your typical geek overall. I'm a lax feminist, ethical hedonist, uber-liberal, so you'll often see me argue in favor of equality and fair unbiased treatment of gender and sexuality in games, as well as speaking out against excessive violence (though only when it's handled poorly.) I believe that games should be played for the experience and not for the competition or completion, and as such my opinion of what makes a game good or bad will likely differ from that of a lot of other sites or reviewers/players. Keep in mind that reviews, opinion posts, and the like are just that, opinions, and by no means should they be taken to slight or belittle anyone else's view.

Unless we're talking Apple products. *shudders*

See ya 'round!

NOTE: On a whole the site WILL seek to provide unbiased information when applicable, including to Apple products. My personal views are not what I want this site to be about: I want it to be concerned with the games community as a whole. As such, embracing those who use iOS or Mac devises for games will be necessary to provide readers with an optimal experience.

Just don't expect me to be the one to write those articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment